Cooking with Jason

Monday, September 11, 2006

Get Your Bread On

Baking and Pastry Skill Development starts tomorrow -- who's excited? I've gotten mixed reviews so far, though the general feeling seems to be "class boring, but chef good." OK, so that's what I heard from one person. Too small a sample, really, but it's all I have to go on at this point. I'll be in the bakeshop at 6:50 am tomorrow, so those of you on the west coast can think of me while you're still sleeping at 3:50 in the morning. Heck, most of my friends are starting Wines tomorrow (8:30 am start time), so they'll probably still be sleeping too.

Also, since I've been going over my uniform and knife kit tonight in the course of getting ready for tomorrow, I thought it would be appropriate to share my Top 5 Things I Hate About CIA Uniform Policy. Remember, I haven't been in a CIA kitchen since December, and I haven't been in a CIA classroom in over two months.

5. Neckerchiefs
4. Toques
3. Four-ply aprons (couldn't find a good pitcure; interestingly, if you Google 'four-ply apron chef' this very blog is the first two hits)
2. Ill-fitting issued check pants
1. Shaving every day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home