Cooking with Jason

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Heed the call

Two interesting phone calls this week.

The first was from Cascadia Restaurant, on Thursday while I was on my way to the airport. They're looking to fill a position in the kitchen, were going through some old resumes, and were wondering if I was still looking for something. Cascadia was actually my first choice for externship originally, but I never heard from them and of course took a position at Canlis instead. In any event, I told the guy I had only been looking for an externship position and was now back at school. He seemed disappointed when I told him I wouldn't be finished until February, but he said he'd keep me on file.

The second came on Monday--Chef Aaron from Canlis. Due to some unfortunate and unforeseen circumstances, they've found themselves temporarily short in the kitchen... would I like to work my old station for a few days? So I'm working three nights, starting tonight, back on good old Vegetable and Saucier station. I'm a bit nervous, seeing how I haven't cooked for two months, but I think it'll be fine once I get back in the swing of things. And at least I'm starting on Thursday instead of Saturday, when it'll be really busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home