Cooking with Jason

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Wine Blues

I feel compelled to note that I've just stayed up until 12:30am -- on a Saturday -- to study for Monday's test in Wine. I have a stack of notecards that measures, conservatively, one-and-a-half inches tall. And this is just for the first test, covering how wine is made, wine and food pairing, the US, Canada, and the Southern Hemisphere. We haven't even gotten to the tough stuff, like France and Italy, where they don't label their wines by grape but by place. And of course those place names are in, you guessed it, French and Italian respectively.

I did manage to pull an A- in Mediterranean, which was a mild upset given how I felt about the class and that it was another "the chef doesn't give out A's; everyone gets a B" situation. Of course, they said the same thing about fish, and we all know how that turned out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home