Cooking with Jason

Sunday, August 07, 2005

No small miracle

I got an A- in fish. Not just an A-, but a very solid 93%, at the upper end of the A- range.

As you might recall from this post, there's a widespread belief that Chef Clark does not give out A's... I'm sure that's a bit of an exaggeration, just as he told us he wouldn't post our grades until Christmas. Still, though, I'm more prouder of this grade than any of my first five.

My performance on Day 7, during which I scored a cumulative 99% on the tests which comprised 50% of my grade, was what really pulled me through -- on daily performance, I scored an 86%, good on its own for a B. Of course, I stand by my belief that the daily grades are incredibly subjective and only marginally rooted in reality. But that's enough on that subject, and I'll take the A- with no complaints.

2 Comments:

  • So... can I assume that you'll be providing the food at a future (hopefully near future) USSM feed at Safeco? Bet Bavasi would give up some tasty (no pun intended) inside info in exchange.

    Congrats!

    K. Gunga Dean
    USSM reader and (occasional) poster

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:54 PM  

  • Congratulations. Incidentally, I am the anonymous poster from the June 26th post (I've wandered over from USSM).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home