Cooking with Jason

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A post for Emily

Hi Emily!

Bob tells me you don't think I'm posting often enough during break, so here goes -- a post just for you.

Nothing much is happening right now. Luke's birthday is Saturday, so I'm in preliminary planning for the big day. So far we'll be having spaghetti, green beans, and some sort of salad. I'll also be making a cake, just a very simple vanilla with buttercream frosting, most likely decorated like a baseball (don't worry, there'll be pictures). I decided a few months ago that I'd make Luke a cake from scratch for his birthday every year. It's my hope that one day he'll be able to say, "No, Dad, I don't want the dacquoise layers with mocha buttercream again this year, I want a saccher torte."

Hey, a guy can dream.

1 Comments:

  • The making Luke a cake is a great idea! I can't wait for the first birthday cake all over the face picture!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home