Cooking with Jason

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Hell's Kitchen

Did anybody catch the debut of Hell's Kitchen last night? If you missed it, I'll fill you in: It's basically The Apprentice meets Simon from American Idol set in a kitchen, with the premise being that chef Gordon Ramsay is a complete jackass and nobody can do anything to please him. I'll preface this by saying I'm by no means a reality TV fan -- I pretty much hate the genre, in fact. But set something in a kitchen and I'll be hard-pressed to turn away (I never did get into The Restaurant, mostly because of a work schedule conflict). I really enjoyed Jamie's Kitchen on Food Network, for example.

I don't know what he possibly expected, opening a restaurant with only hours to prepare and featuring a staff who was, largely, without kitchen experience. I know, I know, it wouldn't have been a show otherwise.

Anyway, check it out next week if you've got nothing going: 9pm Monday on FOX. Maybe I'll open up a thread for comments and we'll see if there's any interest out there.

2 Comments:

  • I never really watched many of those but i think this one looks interesting. I love it when smarty pants fresh from school get the cumuppence.

    Myrtle Beach Retreat

    By Blogger Myrtle Beach Dude, at 7:43 PM  

  • There will certainly be a good deal of that! Also, Gordon Ramsay doesn't care for the "executive chef" guy at all... he made some comment about how he must have been sitting at a desk the past ten years, since he didn't know how to *cook*.

    jason

    By Blogger JMB, at 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home